Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Now go...before somebody drops a house on you.

Last night we huddled in our little tornado nook, listening to 70-80 per mile hour winds. As I sat there, with Wizard of Oz music going through my head, I was glad that I hadn't done the dishes since it sounded like the wind was going to take care of them for me anyway. But the really bad winds didn't last long, only about five minutes. So I had to do the dishes anyway. Our regularly scheduled program (Jeopardy and The Biggest Loser) was interrupted for the storm watch. It was crazy, and a little creepy, to sit on the couch and watch the storm approach us, then go sit by our inside wall until it passed, then come back and watch all the coverage of the damage as the storm passed. Here is a picture of the Chase Tower being struck by lightening during the storm last night. I wish I could have found the video of it. There was a ton of lightening and it was struck several times.

4 comments:

  1. Scary! I am so scared of Tornados, it is a good thing that I live in the west. But seriously, I am glad that the weather passed you and you guys are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine having to sit there and listen to the winds howling around you like that. I'm glad you guys are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary! I'm glad you guys were alright. How was Brooke? I don't know how you do it! I would be very frightened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andrea. Glad you guys made it out alive. I tagged you on my blog, go check it out!

    ReplyDelete