Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tilapia with Cilantro Butter

Here's the thing. I don't like fish. I don't like to eat fish and I don't especially care to look at fish in aquariums either.

But I married a fish-lover.

So I'm learning to cook fish and trying to like it. It's an uphill battle.

I know that breading and frying makes just about anything palatable.

And I've found that tilapia is not so bad. I keep a bag of frozen fillets in the freezer, so I decided to give Tilapia with Cilantro Butter a try.

Who would ever have thought that I would go back for seconds, exclaim that I love fish, and be excited to make it again?

The sauce was incredibly tasty. The blend of cilantro, butter and lemon was a perfect combination.

And as a bonus, it's quick and easy.

Try it. You'll like it.

Tilapia with Cilantro Butter

Ingredients:

For the fish:
1/4 teaspoon
salt
1/4 teaspoon
ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon
ground red pepper
4
(6-ounce) tilapia fillets
Cooking spray

1
lemon, quartered

For the sauce:
4 tablespoons
butter, softened
4 tablespoons
finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon
grated lemon rind
1/2 teaspoon
paprika
1/4 teaspoon
salt

Directions:
Mix the salt, cumin and red pepper together and sprinkle over both sides of fish.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.

Spray the pan and both sides of fish with cooking spray.

Cook the fish about 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer the fish to a platter and squeeze the lemon quarters over the fish.

Stir together the sauce ingredients and serve with the fish.

2 comments:

  1. I was catching up on my Sesame Street with Trish the other day and some puppet was trying to teach Elmo that even if you don't like how a food taste the first time you try it, you should try it again and again and again, because someday you might....I put it to the test, I ate a mushroom last Thursday...not nearly as disgusting as I remember them being, so I ate two more. :o

    ReplyDelete