Sunday, January 9, 2011

Homemade Graham Crackers

I may never have to make sugar cookies again!
Now, I like sugar cookies. But I can't stand frosting them. And if I'm going to eat cookies, I'd really prefer them to be loaded with chocolate.

But I can't deny my kids the fun of rolling and cutting out sugar cookies with holiday cookie cutters.

BUT, I found a new food blog, Two Peas and Their Pod. And they have the easiest, tastiest, reasonably healthy recipe for homemade graham crackers. And they have no interest in rectangular graham crackers. They use...wait for it...cookie cutters!
So we made some during the holidays. The dough was easy to work with and the kids had a great time with the cookie cutters.
Kitty was a fan of the dough.
And the crackers turned out great. Addictive, in fact.
I made some more graham crackers for my work's Kid's Christmas Party. And this time I couldn't resist some chocolate drizzling.
Yum and yum.

4 comments:

  1. Those look amazing!! Guess what we'll be making this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look/sound good.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! If you're ever looking for a homemade marshmallow recipe to complement the graham crackers for some wonderful s'mores, here's a good one:

    http://nooksandcranberries.com/2010/10/writers-kitchen-homemade-marshmallows/

    Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete