Friday, January 14, 2011

Chocolate Raspberry Truffles


It's no secret that I'm in love with the chocolate raspberry combination.

For Thanksgiving I made a pecan pie and pumpkin pie. All well and yummy, but I needed a chocolate dessert in there too.

So I decided to give chocolate truffles a try.

And why not add raspberry?

I was so happy with how they turned out. They were extremely rich and dark. The chocolate coating had the perfect snap, just like AB promised. I had some Dutch Process Cocoa from Penzeys that I used for the outer coating...I think I'm in love!

So follow the directions for Alton Brown's chocolate truffles. Replace the brandy with 3 tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam.

They truffles were a mess to roll into balls. But I read somewhere that the uneven ball shape adds to the charm and is reminiscent of actual truffles, that aren't perfectly round. So I went with that. :)

I can't wait to make these again.

1 comment:

  1. They were so good! I really like your picture too. The lighting is perfect (to my untrained eye.

    ReplyDelete