Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving


I have been seriously neglecting my blog, so I have a lot to say today.

First, I LOVE THANKSGIVING! Thank you fellow bloggers for your thankful blog posts, I have enjoyed reading them. I am thankful for many things (Boo and Jer top the list of course), but today I am especially thankful for a Thanksgiving holiday that was just wonderful. We are so blessed to have friends that might as well be family, and today they came up from Bloomington to spend the day with us.

We started the day with getting the turkey in the oven. This is another thing I love, prepping the turkey and getting it in the oven. Then we watched the Macy's parade, took a short morning nap with Boo (yay, she still is taking a morning nap) and woke up to that fabulous turkey smell. Then Bryan and Jenny arrived and we finished up the side dishes. I was especially thrilled that my rolls turned out for the first time ever. Jenny made her awesome guacamole (so good with turkey). We also had sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and cheese sauce, rolls, stuffing, turkey, guacamole, roasted pecans, and smoked gouda. I think that's all. Jer makes the best mashed potatoes and gravy, that is always his job.

Pie was great too - pecan pie, apple pie and Jenny's yummy pumpkin pie. It was my first pecan pie, and I was also pleased with how that turned out.

Lily is about the cutest baby ever and she was so good. Boo slept most of the afternoon so we had a lot of time to play with the baby and watch football.


Just before they left, we took some Boo and Lily pictures.

We had a wonderful holiday and can't wait for next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment