Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ready to bake


I've finished my Thanksgiving shopping and am ready to start cooking! I can't wait until tomorrow when I can start the pies. Our dear friends from Bloomington are coming, and I can't wait to see them. We may also have some friends from Indy come, so we will have a house full of good friends to celebrate the holiday.

I have this thing with buying fabric - I just love to buy it. Even if I don't know what I will make with it. I have never ever been tempted to shop on BLACK FRIDAY, but I have fantastic coupons for Joann's Fabric, so I may be out there with the crazies. We'll see.

A note about Christmas music. There is a station here that is playing 93 days of Christmas music (24 hours). I didn't find it until just after Halloween, so it didn't occur to me how long that is until I started calculating back from Christmas. That is a LONG time to be playing only Christmas music. But they certainly have the variety. Last week I heard a reggae version of "I Saw Three Ships". Nice. And don't you think that there are certain artists who were born to sing Christmas melodies? Josh Groban, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Judy Garland, the Muppets. (Just kidding about the Muppets. Although I do like that Christmas special they did, "Muppet Christmas at Fozzie's".) James Taylor, as much as I love him, is not really one of those people. His version of "Santa Claus is coming to town" is just weird. Same with Frank Sinatra. Love him, but not his holiday album.

3 comments:

  1. 'bout time for a post, I was wondering if your Christmas tree had fallen on your family! :) That thing is huge. We were looking at twelve foot trees when we were out shopping just to see how big they are...man-o-man... We not only want to see pictures of the tree decorated, but we want to see just HOW it gets decorated!

    Also, I have to disagree with Sinatra on Christmas. I enjoy his Christmas songs. My favorite though is probably Josh Groban's album, in fact he sings a song with MOTAB on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you share your love of buying fabric with aunt Melody too. We have tons of the stuff that will probably go to someone else eventually. Not that that's bad, sharing is always good. But does it have to be stored at OUR place?

    She is the ultimate shopper, however. Black Friday doesn't scare her at all, she looks forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you share your love of buying fabric with aunt Melody too. We have tons of the stuff that will probably go to someone else eventually. Not that that's bad, sharing is always good. But does it have to be stored at OUR place?

    She is the ultimate shopper, however. Black Friday doesn't scare her at all, she looks forward to it!

    ReplyDelete