Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Books v. Hardware



When we moved into our brand new house almost 18 months ago, I thought it was so great that we had THREE enormous hardware stores so near our home. We spent a lot of time at hardware stores as we worked on our lawn and our home. In the spring and summer, Boo and I would roam the aisles of a hardware store, imagining how landscaping bricks and bushes would look in our yard, and debating the color of paint for the kitchen.



But apparently living near so many hardware stores comes at a price. No major bookstores. :( There was a Borders about 25 minutes away, and that was it. Until today! Barnes and Noble opened it's doors today at the Greenwood Mall! Boo and I had a great time there today. AND they had stacks and stacks of the elusive Deceptively Delicious. I took just a few minutes to leaf through it, and it looks like a great book that I think I will put on my Christmas list. I was happy to finally have a chance to look at it (I have dropped from #169 to #77 on the waiting list at the library). Ok, so maybe the new B&N isn't much closer to my house than the old Borders, but I will confess to being a B&N snob. I couldn't tell you why I like B&N so much better, only that I do. The summer I lived in Chicago I would go sight seeing and then visit the nearest B&N. It was amazing that there was always one nearby. I think I read entire books that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment