Sunday, November 4, 2007

Two recommendations

Jeremy and I have been reading The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court by Jeffrey Toobin. A great read about the current (and recently retired) justices and what goes on behind the scenes. It's very interesting to read about the personalities of the justices and the interactions between them. I haven't read much of it yet, but it starts out with a fascinating account of the case intended to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Ok, one more review. I recently finished reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte. Thanks to Elizabeth for loaning it to me. I loved it, couldn't put it down. I was a little dissatisfied with the very end (I wanted a little more confession of undying love from both of them), but overall it was a great read.

Oh, great news - Barnes and Noble opens on Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up on the Barnes and Noble. I've been wondering for weeks when it was going to open. I'm excited to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dido about the colts. but hey, they're still the colts. go manning!

    ReplyDelete