Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Online Radio

When I worked at the hospital I loved to listen to beethoven.com. A year or two ago Peter O. introduced me to Pandora. With Pandora, you select an artist or a song and then Pandora selects music similar to that to play on your 'station'. You can give a thumbs up or down to each song that is played, and Pandora adjusts what it plays on your station according to what you like. It's great because you can create multiple stations. I listened to it for awhile, but then forgot about it. Becca got me started on a great new Pandora station. I started with "Carpenters, holiday", and have gotten a great Christmas music station with Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Sinatra, Johnny Mathis, and of course The Carpenters. What, you say it is too early for Christmas music? Nonsense.

There is a James Taylor Christmas song on now. Did you know that I love James Taylor? I love his voice, I love his songs, I love his guitar, I love his bald head. I was pleasantly surprised one summer evening to hear him on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keeler. Have you ever seen the Sesame Street segment he did back in the 70's or 80's. Priceless! Click on the picture below and listen to track 14 of Disc 1. It's only part of the song, but very cute.

4 comments:

  1. I love James Taylor too. I get razzed by family because they say he is for older people, but you can't beat his sound. He goes on the same level as Gordon Lightfoot, Carly Simon, Carole King, Dan Fogelberg and a bunch of others of that era. I totally agree with you though. And like your earlier post on November, I don't think you can beat the beauty that fall has to offer. I love the fall weather. Bring on the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you share that with your Aunt Melody. She thinks he's great too. I think both he and Gordon Lightfoot are kind of "dinks", but I do like some his his songs. It's too bad he dumped on his wife (Carol King). I always kind of lose respect for people when they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember watching that James Taylor spot on Sesame St. when I was little. I discovered James taylor again in Jr High and have loved him since. Especially "Down in Mexico" song. Makes me want to be on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...yeah James Taylor didn't do very good things to his wife Carly Simon before they divorced, but he does have a great voice. His son has a similar sound to his voice as well.

    ReplyDelete