Thursday, January 7, 2010

Maybe my greatest find ever

Happy New Year! I have found maybe the greatest blog ever. And it is just getting started.

Here it is:

Random Acts of Reading

Last month I observed a Montessori classroom and fell in love with their lesson materials. I have been scouring the internet for resources to make some of my own. Thanks to my cousin's blog, Walk Beside Me, that got me started and led me to My Montessori Journey. Random Acts of Reading is her new blog adventure. Each post is about a selection from children's lit, with accompanying activities and LINKS to make the activities.

So far she has posted Goodnight Moon and The Missing Mitten Mystery.

The only problem I can foresee is spending a lot on color ink and cardstock.

2 comments:

  1. I think Montessori schools are great! We looked into sending Katelin...then we had Emma...and those schools get pretty pricey! If you can do it on your own that's great! Well they won't have the interaction with the older children to learn off of, but they'll still learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Steven Kellogg books. The boa constrictor one was great.

    ReplyDelete