Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Homemade Granola

I love to make granola. It makes my house smell so nice. And I love to eat it.
Here is the recipe I've been using lately. I've modified it some, so here is what I do:

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweeteened or sweetened
1/2 cup toasted nuts (I usually use sliced almonds, but lately have used chopped pecans)
2+ teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Add dried fruit (raisins) after it is done baking.

We tend to go through this pretty fast, so I usually make a quadruple batch so I only have to make it every couple of weeks. I keep it in a plastic cereal storage container and it keeps great.

1 comment:

  1. I have a granola recipe I make and I love it love it love it and make it a lot. So good. It's really similar to yours but doesn't have syrup in it. I always serve with yogurt and like strawberries or something. Oh yum granola.

    ReplyDelete