Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chocolate dipped apples and McNugget toys

My little brother writes emails that make me crazy - he writes something like "I smashed my hand today" and omits all other details. I seem to have the same genetic flaw, so here are some answers to questions I've received.

1) The chicken McNugget toy in a witch costume: Unfortunately, not a new Happy Meal toy. It is the one I had growing up.

2) The chocolate dipped apples:
The first time I made the chocolate sauce, I added canola oil to melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. It made a nice smooth dip, but once it hardened, it easily chipped off the apples. So the next time I added butter instead of oil, which solved the chipping problem, but you do have to add a lot of butter to get a smooth dip. I really just made it up, you may be better off googling a chocolate dip recipe.

I used Braeburn apples, but only because that's what I had on hand.

1 comment:

  1. GET OUT! Your mom kept your HAPPY MEAL TOYS?!!!

    Those are the first things I toss when I have a need to purge toys. I've know a few people who collect certain happy meal series toys but they are very protective of their collection and would never give it to a child. I've never heard of anyone holding on to happy meal toys just for the nostalgia of it.

    WOW. If a single object can call forth the memories that are locked in a mind, then my children will have many, many many, memories they will never be able to retrieve. :)

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete