Sunday, December 2, 2007

Whole Wheat Bread or Rolls


I came across this recipe in search of a recipe for Thanksgiving rolls. I ended up using this for Thanksgiving and the rolls turned out great. Yesterday I used the same recipe but shaped the bread into round loaves and it also turned out really well. After trying it a couple of times I think I may like it even better than my 90 minute bread. It is not difficult or time consuming so I thought I would share. I wish I could point you to the source, but I have not been able to find this recipe site again. So here it is, with my adjustments.

WHOLE WHEAT BREAD OR ROLLS

2 tbsp. yeast

2 c. lukewarm water

1/4 c. honey

3/4 c. olive oil or canola oil
2 fresh eggs

6 c. whole wheat flour

2 tsp. salt

Dissolve yeast in water and honey for about 5 minutes. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and knead until it loosens from sides of the bowl. Place in large oiled bowl, cover and let rise until about double. Be sure it is in a warm place. Remove and shape into loaves, rolls, or buns. Bake at about 375 degrees until browned. (12 min for rolls).

No comments:

Post a Comment