Sunday, October 14, 2007

What's a mattow witto monsto?


Jeremy says that my pictures have to match my blog...I can't just put random pictures of
Boo between all my paragraphs. So I will try to do it right this post.


I just got the cutest Halloween e-card from a friend - to see it click here and then click on the 'knock knock boo hoo' card.

We have had a nice weekend of beautiful fall weather. We drove down to Bloomington for a quick visit and I remembered how much I love that drive between Martinsville and Bloomington, so beautiful. We had lunch with Bryan & Jenny and saw their cute little Lily.



I have a great HG Hall moment of finding relatives in random places for my Hall family members that may be reading this. I happened to glance at Bryan & Jenny's bookshelves and noticed a family history book of Bryan's with the name Jane Treharne Ashton on the cover. I seemed to remember seeing the name "Treharne Ashton" somewhere in my family history, so I picked up the book and flipped through it to see if I could find a link. And sure enough, Emily Treharne Ashton was the daughter of Jane, Emily was the mother of Ralph Ashton Richards, my great-grandfather. There were some pictures of Oakley, of Ralph and Naoma, and Grandma Hall's name on a pedigree chart. So Bryan and I are fourth cousins. I borrowed the book so I can try to contact the people that published it - it's a beautifully bound book.

On Friday, Jeremy and I went shopping for winter coats and stopped by Borders on the way home. I had seen commercials for Jessica Seinfeld on Oprah promoting her new book "Deceptively Delicious", so I thought I would take a look and see if it was as cool as everyone is saying. I couldn't find it from just looking around, so I talked to an employee who told me they had sold out of the book before Oprah was even over. I shouldn't have been surprised...when I tried to reserve copy at the library I was number 162 on the waiting list. So if anyone has gotten a copy of the book, let me know what you think. I picked up Jenny McCarthy's new book about her son's 'recovery' from autism, but didn't get too far into it. Has anyone read that? I know she has been making the talk show rounds as well.

Jeremy and I are working on some videos to post here, so hopefully we will have some for you to see soon.

4 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL picture of Brooke! This is a great blog....Thanks so much for sending it to me! :) I need a visit from little Brooke and you....SOON! Love and Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the land of blogging. It's addictive, isn't it? Thanks for the email. I've added you to the sidebar on my blog so that Erin, Laura and Heidi can read your blog. If that's a problem, let me know and I'll take it down.--Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like I have been hearing about that Jessica Seinfield book everywhere lately. Let me know if you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'd like to know the exact line of relation between you and Bryan Hamblin. We have lots of Hamblins out here in Nor Cal and I'd like to be able to link up with them.

    UP

    ReplyDelete