Sunday, October 28, 2007

The potty monster

Well, we have created a potty monster. Let me tell you the whole story, lest you think we are overeager first time parents (stop laughing). One day a month or so ago we were getting Boo ready for her bath and sat her on the potty. She thought she was big stuff, and surprise of all surprises, actually went potty in the potty. Since she seemed so interested, we got her a potty seat. No harm in some pre-potty training, right? My plan was to teach her a sign for potty, let her sit on it occasionally, so when she was ready to potty train it would be that much easier. It turns out that Boo LOVES to sit on the potty. She learned the sign for potty in about two days, so whenever she is tired of what she is doing and wants to have some fun, she signs potty and grunts a little bit, and off we go to the potty. So in a way it is good that she continues to be interested in and like the potty, however she is kind of missing the point. Oh well, at least we are all having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Be thankful she is excited about the potty. I keep on wishing that I started Maren earlier. I had Noelle potty trained before the age of 2 and now Maren is almost three and I am going crazy. With my girls the younger they were the easier because they didn't know they could fight it. Maren now has a mind of her own and refuses. I hope that Brooke's interest stays strong. (=

    ReplyDelete