Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chicken Nuggets

I made these for Boo's dinner last night and I thought they tasted great! This recipe is tweaked a little, but I got the original recipe from The Baby Bistro Cookbook. I got the broccoli idea from the 2 minutes of Jessica Seinfeld I saw on the Today Show. You might be able to put more broccoli and get away with it, but I haven't tried.


Chicken Nuggets


½ c Italian bread crumbs

1/8-1/4 tsp salt

1 lb ground chicken

2 TB vegetable oil

2 TB pureed broccoli


Mix bread crumbs and salt in a shallow bowl. Mix the broccoli into the ground chicken. With your hands, shape the chicken/broccoli mixture into 2”-3” nuggets. Toss the nuggets in the bread-crumb mixture until evenly coated.


In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the nuggets in batches for 3 minutes per side, until golden, crispy and thoroughly cooked. Keep cooked nuggets warm in a 200 degree oven until finished.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had an idea for you. Have you checked eBay for that cookbook? There are a ton on there. I have know idea if the prices are any good though. I am totally going try the chicken nuggets by the way.

    ReplyDelete