Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shoes, glorious shoes

Today Boo and I went shoe shopping. This was a leap for me. I have looked at shoes for her for months but have been unable to commit to actually buying a pair. What if the soles weren't flexible enough? What if she grew out of them a week later? Silly, yes I know, but there it is. When she was a newborn, she had a darling pair of pink sneakers given to us by my aunt. And this summer I bought a cute pair of white sneakers from a yard sale. I just couldn't go wrong with buying a pair of shoes for 50 cents. But I have had a break through - we bought TWO pairs of shoes - brown AND black! And as for Boo, she couldn't be happier. She loves shoes almost as much as she loves dogs. Shoes mean going outside, and if we go outside maybe we will see a dog! She has pulled the shopping bag around for 10 minutes, now she is happily pulling out the shoe boxes and examining the shoes. What a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea! Go here:

    http://home.comcast.net/~taleswapper/shoes/display.html

    Pick a design you like and tell me Brooke's size. It'll be a Christmas present.

    -Arwen

    ReplyDelete