Friday, December 18, 2009

Advent Day 4 - Marshmallows!

So I saw this episode of Good Eats where AB made marshmallows, and I've been dying to try it ever since. Thanks to my sister-in-law for loaning me a mixer, Boo and I gave it a try one afternoon.

So it was really fun to make them, and I think they turned out reasonably well for not using a candy thermometer. I didn't think they tasted great...unless they were in cocoa or dipped in chocolate. Guess I just love that store bought taste.

Here they are in the pan before we cut them.
And here is Boo, who loved them, chocolate or not.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea,

    Looks like you guys have been very busy with your advent calendar-- what fun! Do you still make the fitted sheets for the pack n' plays? Ru has been a little rough on the two sets we got when she was born and we're looking to replace them for baby #2. If you don't, I may be able to replicate your genius, but I'm sure that you can do it better and I'd like to send business your way. I've got a few other friends interested in them also.

    Thanks! Merry Christmas!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that episode! Good stuff. I have been a fan of marshmallows since the 5th grade. That is when my class went on a field trip to Jet Puff marshmallows factory.

    ReplyDelete