Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fish and Chips


Sara brought her Complete America Test Kitchen Cookbook when she came to visit.

We made a lot of great food from this cookbook. The chocolate chip cookies were the best I've ever had.

On Sara's last day we decided to do the Fish and Chips (also the day we decided to do the Oreo cupcakes and Lemon Curd Cake...it was a good day).

Well, now I can't find my copied recipe for Fish and Chips, and the link to ATC is for premium members only, so it looks like you will have to buy the book for this one. But let me say that even though it took 3 quarts of oil, it was worth it! We didn't have any beer, so we substituted ginger ale for the beer in the batter, and it was still awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I've heard great things about the cookbook. I've also heard you can sub chicken broth for beer in recipes.

    ReplyDelete