Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Our third year visiting the pumpkin patch. First year was very cold, second year toooo hot, this year, just right.Boo loved climbing on and driving this decrepit old tractor, that I was pretty sure was going to cut her and give her tetanus.
Kitty got to face outward in her Baby Bjorn for the first time, and she had a great time watching the world go by.Boo meticulously searched for the perfect pumpkins - one for her and one for Kitty. She gathered several before she decided.
Now I'm trying to decide what to do with the pumpkins. Do we carve them or paint them? Maybe one of each. We have to carve at least one, I love me some toasted pumpkin seeds. Bryan, are those low carb?? :)

1 comment:

  1. Some say winter squash (pumpkin, butternut, acorn, spaghetti) are not low carb. Summer squash is where you want to stay to be safe (zucchini, banana squash et.) I however, allow anything in the gourd family. It's lower than any variety of spud so it works for me...but we cooked our pumpkins up when we got home from the pumpkin patch and they were SOOOOO good. I don't know if you should sacrifice the innards of those pie pumpkins to the jack-o-lanturn...

    ReplyDelete