Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Of Spring and Sucking


Last Saturday night we decided it was time for Boo to be done with her pacifier. She only had it when she was sleeping, and I think that was a big motivator for her to go to bed...she knew the pacifier was waiting for her. But her pediatricians advice (to get rid of the pacifier at one year) and my concerns about her teeth, sucking patterns, and speech development won the debate of to take it or not to take it. We had a traumatic Saturday and Sunday bedtimes, and Sunday and Monday naptimes. She would sob 'gone, gone' over and over, and then angrily bawl out jibberish followed by 'mama dada'. I'm pretty sure she was cussing us out. But by Monday night there was hardly any protesting, and a completely peaceful naptime this afternoon. We'll see how the next few bedtimes go, but I think we have turned the corner.

Yesterday I decided to tackle spring cleaning. It has gone well so far - I have the bathrooms 2/3 of the way done (who in the heck thought it was a good idea to have three bathrooms??), and that is cleaning that I hate the most. I love cleaning out the closets and cupboards, it is so fun to re-organize everything. I got a great spring cleaning checklist from my friend, and then tweaked it a bit to fit my house. I also spent some time on the internet, and found some great weekly and monthly cleaning checklists, so I think I will have to develop those so I am better at keeping up with the housework.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is why i was kind of happy when Isaac spit his out at 3 months... sad for church, but happy it was one less battle I would have to face! Good luck! And as far as spring cleaning, maybe your lists will help me too!
    By the way, Liz got a blog too! She's a link on my sidebar if you want to find her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! This was such a difficult internal struggle with us. And sometimes external too! Glad Brooke did well with it!

    ReplyDelete