Friday, May 23, 2008

Relay for Life Part II

I logged on to my Relay for Life page today and discovered that there is a lot more to Relay for Life than just walking around a track for 24 hours. At dusk (on Friday, May 30th) there are hundreds of luminarias lit around the track in memory and in honor of those who have fought cancer, and then there is a survivor's lap for those in the area who have survived cancer. On Saturday morning (May 31st), there is a carnival at 9 am. So if you are in the area, and either of these events interest you, you should stop by.

And I think I finally figured out the donation system. I have a goal to raise at least $50. If you would like to donate, you can click here. That will take you to my personal page. I wish I could change the text that you see there, but I haven't figured that out yet. Anyway, there is a "Donate" icon you can click to make your donation, and you can be 'anonymous' if you wish.
Or you can purchase a luminaria "In Memory" or "In Honor" of someone. I haven't figured out how you can do that online, so if you would like to do that send me an email or leave a comment and I will work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment