Sunday, August 29, 2010

Birthday Cake


We celebrated my birthday not too long after Boo's. It was an exceptionally busy day, along with the few days following. It would have been a non-existent celebration...except that my sweet Sara made me a gorgeous cake before she left, and J made me a Chicago pizza while I was at work.

The only pictures we got were of the cake...but really, wouldn't you rather feast your eyes on this four-layer-lemon-curd-with-egg-white-icing goodness?

You can see the recipe here (but you do have to register for free with the website). Or buy the Complete America's Test Kitchen Cookbook (I totally want it).

1 comment:

  1. That cake looks so delicious! I laughed about your comment about your dream. I've been having lots of those types of dreams myself :D. Now that we have our own place for I'm so excited to try out some these awesome recipes you posted. And your girls are the prettiest, cutest little girls - I love hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete