Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Vacay


Yesterday was a big day for me. First, I realized that we are half-way through November, and I still think it's October. Gotta get it together.

Second, and most importantly, I had a vacation day. J had the day off of work, and he generously gave me the day off of my work.

I spent the day running errands, which doesn't sound that fun, but it is so fun to do it without kids. I ordered our Thanksgiving turkey...have I mentioned how much I love to cook my Thanksgiving turkey? I haven't decided on my method yet for this year. But I'm getting Martha Stewart Thanksgiving Advice emails.

I also spent a lot of time scoping out stockings and tree skirts. I couldn't find anything I liked, so I'm going to try and do them myself. I did finally find the perfect fabric. So now I have to figure out how to make a giant skirt for our giant tree. Any advice from my crafty friends?

3 comments:

  1. I love my Martha Stewart Turkey Receipe. It tastes soooo good and looked great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. giant tree skirt? how about a giant table cloth...I bought a huge gold one on clearance after christmas one year and I just drape it under there! no sewing no nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Free day for Mommy! We did that yesterday, too. I went window shopping at all my favorite "Best not to bring your kiddos" stores, like Yankee Candle, Pier One and Bath and Body Works. :) Awesome.

    I'm not crafty. Are you kidding? I'm going to call YOU when it's my turn to make a tree skirt. Best of luck! But knowing you, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

    We miss you guys!

    Love,
    Nicole (and Kevin and Noah)
    @>->--

    ReplyDelete