Wednesday, July 23, 2008

She Got Up Off The Couch


A few months ago I read "A Girl Named Zippy" by Haven Kimmel on the recommendation of a friend, and loved it. I just finished the sequel, "She Got Up Off The Couch, And Other Heroic Acts from Mooreland, Indiana." I loved it even more than "Zippy." One of those books that I enjoyed so much I almost wanted to ration it out to make it last longer. It's a fun ramble through her childhood in small town Indiana. The author has a great, quirky sense of humor about herself, her past, and her friends and family. And, a bit of inspiration, as the title indicates.

2 comments:

  1. hey Andrea!!
    I found your blog through Becca's and I was so excited. Your little girl is so pretty. She looks just like you, but with blonde hair.:)
    So hopefully you don't mind but i'm going to link you up from my blog.
    love ya
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you loved these books... they are ones that get funnier the more you read them like lines from a favourite comedy movie.

    ReplyDelete