Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mimi's Cafe


My brother and his wife live in Sacramento (ish) so we got to play with them twice during our trip.

Tuesday we drove down to Sacto to meet them at Mimi's Cafe for dinner. It all started out so nice...Boo got crayons and a kid menu, a snack of cheerios and soda crackers. Then my strawberry lemonade came. Man it was good. Boo loved it too, and drained it right down. Mimi's has unlimited refills, so another one appeared, hooray! I should have thought this through a little better. A few minutes later....

"Potty quick!" says Boo. We run to the bathroom, and she runs her hand along all the tables (even the occupied ones) as she goes. She runs gleefully into the stall, then does an about face and pastes herself to my legs screaming "NO FLUSH!" It's of course one of those automatic flushing toilets. Which I love. If I had my way, all public bathrooms would be as touchless as possible...like the ones in the airports, with no outer doors, and automatic flushing, motion sensor water faucets, soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers. But I digress.

So I peel her down and sit her on with reassuring words, hoping we can get out of the stall before it flushes. And we do. Hand washing is a delight. She notices that I use my paper towel to open the door, so she tries to do it with her paper towel too. And back to the table she goes, touching the other tables as she runs (even the occupied ones).

Then we repeat the above routine (EXACTLY) FOUR MORE TIMES. We finally finish our meal and Grandpa races home before we hear "Potty quick!" from the back.

1 comment:

  1. Andy and Saramarie BourneNovember 21, 2008 at 3:45 PM

    Boo is the funniest girl ever! Once again, tears of laughter at reading this story. I'm glad you guys had fun in California, I wish I could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete