Monday, December 13, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

There is nothing that makes me happier than to have a pot of soup bubbling on the stove. Especially when it's frigid, like it has been the last two weeks.

I tried this baked potato soup from Annie's Eats last week. It smelled so good and had a fabulous taste. The only problem was that there were not enough potatoes. The original recipe is good, but next time I will add three or four more potatoes. Oh and just crumble the potatoes, don't food process them. You'll get a gummy sticky yuck.

It's a time investment to bake the potatoes beforehand instead of microwaving them, but I think they taste better and are easier to work with. And I like to have the oven on to warm up my downstairs.

When I scooped the potato flesh out, I left a tiny bit (about 1/4" inch) in the skins and saved the shells to make potato skins. Yum. I'll tell you about those soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yummmm, potato skins. In my opinion the best part of the potato. I'll give you the innards and take the skins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! We have a recipe for this soup too... we like to add green chilis. mmm.. :)

    ReplyDelete