Friday, August 28, 2009

Pride and Prejudice...and Zombies

I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice. Loved it. I can't believe it took me so long to get around to it.

I was browsing in Barnes and Noble the other day and saw this:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem...In this parody, Grahame-Smith maintains the structure and language of the original while strategically inserting zombies into the story.

How funny is that?? Even funnier...I TOTALLY WANT TO READ IT. Maybe for November's book club.

5 comments:

  1. I am not ashamed to admit that I totally want to read this too. How funny--I've never heard of it, but you can bet I'll be looking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I helped move my sister in new apt the other day. It was interesting walking into the apt. The two sisters that were there had Twilight and vampire posters in the living room and zombie Disney princess pics up on their door. I spotted Pride and Prejudice on the couch, but it looked off - I got closer and it was this book!! I laughed so hard at it. Turns out they're really nice and laid back - but so interesting to walk into an apt like that. Let me know if you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister in law was just telling me about this book the other day.. hm... She said it is hillarious, but also, a zombie book... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm game! I need to be added back onto the bookclub list. I somehow got dropped off. Not a big deal, I didn't have much time to read anyway. Now, do you think this book would be okay to read if you haven't read the original?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this response is pretty late, but I just saw this post. Bailey got this for me for my birthday-- and I honestly haven't been brave enough to read it yet. But if Anneea can do it... Let me know what you think afterwards!

    ReplyDelete